Okanagan Lake Boat Rentals Policies
- Drinking alcohol or using drugs is prohibited when operating water-craft.
- Your credit card number is held on file in case of damages or a cash damage deposit of $2000 is required and will be refunded when the boat is returned undamaged.
- A signed waiver will also be required.
- Although a boat license is not required, a mandatory Rental Boat Safety Checklist (required by Transport Canada) will need to be completed at time of rental.
- Age Restrictions: Must be a minimum of 21 years old and hold a valid driver’s license.
- Payable in Canadian Dollars and does not include applicable taxes.
- Fuel is not included in the rentals rates.
- Okanagan Lake Boat Rentals reserves the right to cancel the reservation without penalty due to mechanical failure.
Please note that we do not allow cancellations due to overcast weather or slightly unfavorable conditions. In a scenario where the weather does not permit safe boating conditions you will receive a 100% refund on your rental.
Week Long and Full Weekend Rentals:
- 100% refund with over 2 weeks notice
- 50% refund with over 72 hours notice
- No refund within 72 hours of rental
Single and Half Day Rentals:
- 100% refund with over 72 hours notice
- 50% refund with over 24 hours notice
- No refund within 24 hours of rental
Credits and/or exchanging of dates may be discussed on a case by case basis.
Late Start/End Time Policy
Due to scheduling constraints with different boats being launched and pulled out at different times during the day, we ask our customers to be diligent about being on time for their agreed upon start and end times. Please give yourself plenty of time so you can load the boat with your items and have our staff go over the operation of the watercraft.
Okanagan Lake Boat Rentals reserves the right to charge a late fee of $50.00 to any customer that is over 30 minutes late to their scheduled start or end time. Give yourself plenty of time so you can load the boat with your items and have our staff go over the operation of the watercraft.
Late Start/End Time Policy
Your boat will come fueled up and ready to go for the day.
At the end of the rental the customer must have the boat filled up with gas.
This can be done by the customer themselves on the water. There are several on-water locations to fuel around the Kelowna area as well as the El Dorado Marina which is our main launching point. On-Water fueling is substantially more expensive than off-water fuel prices.
We can have the boat filled up on your behalf by our staff off-water for a $0.15/litre surcharge over the fuel rate on that day. The overall cost will still be less than that of an on-water fill up. We will fill the boat and show you a copy of the receipt and charge your card the appropriate rate.